Intuition is defined as having the ability to understand or know something immediately without conscious reasoning, or an instinctive knowing, to know something without knowing why you know it. It may seem so obvious and natural. It can often seem irrational and illogical.
When you increase your awareness of the potentiality of intuition, you tap into an inner wisdom and begin to create from Source. You become more aware and tuned into the depth of the spiritual resources that lie within you, and that connect you to infinite intelligence.
Everyone has intuitive gifts. You receive, perceive, absorb and interpret the non-physical world around you – the world of energy. This happens without your conscious awareness. Yet, you can learn to tune into this information through intuition. This requires a merging of your energy field with the energy that surrounds you, integrating the information with your physical senses.
Knowing your dominant intuitive type allows you to develop your intuitive ability and progress more quickly by flowing with the current and having a better understanding of yourself and your experiences. You can learn to discern what is yours and what is not and make choices based on this information. You can then develop your other styles of intuition for full guidance.
Although you begin by being aligned and feeling more natural with one style of intuition, as you grow and begin to use and trust your intuition, your usual preference will evolve and blossom into a full range of receptivity. You will be lead to who you really are at your soul level authentically and genuinely.
Here is a quick and basic breakdown of the 4 styles of psychic intuition.
If you are emotionally intuitively based, emotions will lead you. The emotional intuitive travels the path of the heart and unconditional love, tuned into intuition through the heart chakra.
- Feels energy as emotions
- Natural empathy
- Emotional clairvoyance – Receive spontaneous image or impression that is emotionally charged
- Emotionally telepathic – Receive powerful emotions that come from seemingly nowhere
If you are mentally intuitively based, you will respond to the world through thinking. The mental intuitive is driven by an innate desire to understand and to know. They thirst for knowledge, to learn and to expand their minds, tuned in through the sixth chakra.
- Use your mind to understand spirit
- Knows, thinks, and sees patterns
- Mental Telepathy and Clairvoyance – Ability to see or intuit an actual image object or event
If you are physically intuitive, or kinesthetic, you will relate to energy with your bodies, soaking up the energy this way through your lower three chakras and physically experiencing the information in your body.
- Receive energy through bodily impressions
- Receive information through psychometry – Ability to hold an object or view a photograph to receive information, impressions, or physical sensations about the object or its owners
- See the divine in all living things
- Connection with the natural world
- Earth and earth elements
- Stones and plants
If you are spiritually intuitively based, you are inclined to recognize energy through essence and sensation. The journey of the spiritual intuitive is to that of enlightened freedom, tuning in through the crown chakra.
- Receive messages from non-physical beings
- Sense the presence of non-physical beings
- See images of non-physical beings
- Have visions of or from non-physical beings
- Loved ones who have passed into spirit
If you would like to learn even more about your dominant and natural intuitive styles, deepen your understanding, and gain valuable experience in using and trusting your intuition, click here.